Tuesday 28 January 2014

Henry Jekyll and Edward Hyde

The book I have chosen to illustrate is the classic horror story by Robert Louis Stevenson, 'The strange case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde'.


For my character development of the two main characters so far, I've decided to use selective character colouring for my illustrations. For example:


With the character Dr Henry Jekyll, I've decided to use colours such as light yellow, tan and dark marine blue for him. These light, softer colours represent the fact that Dr Jeykll is the good half to Mr Hyde's evil side while the dark blue's may even represent melancholic and tortured inner thoughts.




With Edward Hyde on the other hand, I've used bright reds, burnt browns and pale greens to show that he is the twisted, monstrous side of Henry Jeykll.







No comments:

Post a Comment