Tuesday 12 May 2015

A zombie ate my cupcake !



A zombie ate my cupcake !


'A zombie ate my cupcake!' is a quirky recipe book by Lily Vanilli which shows you how to make gross and gruesome horror-inspired cakes and biscuits, such as skull cookies, bloody glass cupcakes and marzipan beetles.


(Above: Bloody bleeding heart cake, made with red velvet sponge and cherry sauce)

The cakes and sweets in this recipe book can look disgusting and horrific to some but they also look like they would be a lot of fun to make, plus both kids and adults would enjoy how skin-crawlingly great these spooky sweets look, which is sort of the same edgy appeal I would want to use in my artwork for the fictional cafe to also attract an adult market as well as the younger market.


(Above; Gingerbread graveyard cupcakes)


This recipe book inspired me to make another repeat pattern reusable print. I digitally drew up two cakes covered in icing, both with sharp teeth. I also coloured this print in pastel colours just to keep with the cafe's colour theme and also to offset the creepiness of the man-eating cakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment