Monday 3 November 2014

Album cover


Album cover/design

For my album cover, I decided to make my own colour palette to work from since I decided against using the black/neon red like the official 'Wonder where we land' album cover.

Below is the colour palette I used. I also downloaded some digital photoshop brushes to create a sort of solid flat paint and charcoal shading texture in my picture. i didn't want the colours I chose to be too bright but I did want them to stand out against the background colour, that way my final image wouldn't look too out of place against the pink background but it would still catch the viewers attention.

(Here is the colour palette I used):


Below is my finished album cover (without album title text):


Since SBTRKT's music is mainly electro/dance with tribal influence based, the first thing I thought of for a cover image was some kind of club brawl interpreted through wild animals, so I gave the two faceless figures vicious looking animal masks. I also made their hands look claw-like to make them even more animalistic.


No comments:

Post a Comment