Monday 3 November 2014

Promotional poster design


Promotional poster design


For my promotional poster, I decided to include two things representing SBTRKT in my image while using a blue colour palette, ranging from very light blues to dark blues.

The two things representing SBTRKT in my image are one of his signature masks and a black panther/cat that looks similar to the one that appears on the cover of the 'Wonder where we land' album.

I started out by digitally painting a grimy, dark texture over the background to give the picture more depth.


I then painted the basic shape of the mask at the bottom of the picture and then I drew the panther over the top, in a lighter grey colour to prevent them from blending into each other.





I used a light turquoise colour on the panther to create a lighting effect.

I added another lighting effect to the image near the bottom/middle of the image using a deep blue colour to simulate a blue light coming from underneath of the mask, also hitting the lower half of the panther. I used a speckling brush on the figure of the panther to give it a slight glittery texture.

I then added SBTRKT's logo at the top of the poster.



(poster without SBTRKT logo):



No comments:

Post a Comment