Monday 3 November 2014

Two page spread editorial picture


Two page editorial spread picture


For my editorial picture, I decided to draw a two page fashion illustration spread. For my first attempt, I used the same colour palette that I used for my album cover, with a few added colours. 

Here's my unfinished first illustration:


The image I was going for was a club scene with SBTRKT performing live where everyone in the club was wearing tribal animal masks. 


I decided against using this image however since I thought actually using SBTRKT in an image would be contradictory of his anonymity. I also thought that using the same colour palette twice was a little boring and I could come up with a less complicated, cluttered image. Plus, I noticed there would be no space for any text to be placed.

I thought I'd try and simplify my image by drawing only two people instead of a whole crowd while still referencing SBTRKT via tribal masks.

(finished picture):


I coloured the two figures with lighter colours as opposed to the masks that they're wearing to make the masks stand out more than they do. This is supposed to be in reference to SBTRKT's anonymity. I also left enough space for text in this picture, unlike my first illustration. 

I used both an African inspired mask and a Viennese carnival inspired mask in my image to add some diversity.

I also reused one of the masks that I drew as development as a repeated pattern background.



No comments:

Post a Comment