Sunday 2 November 2014

Development/Drawing masks



As some early development for my project, I started digitally drawing african tribal masks with bright neon colours and solid blacks inspired by the cover of 'Wonder where we land'.




I started out recreating existing masks and drawing them in chalk/rough pencil photoshop brushes.



I then started to create my own mask designs, still using the same brushes as before.




I also tried drawing animal skulls in the same way I drew and coloured the masks. I drew animal skulls since Hidden Place stated that they take inspiration from animals when they design and make their masks.

- hedgehog skull




-badger skull



-squirrel monkey skull



-elephant skull





Unfortunately, the bright neon colours I wanted to use where too similar to SBTRKT's promotional images and album cover so I decided against using them in my other pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment