Tuesday 13 January 2015

First ghost illustration, concept sketches and text page



First ghost illustration, concept sketches and text page


The first entry subject in my zine I've created is called 'The Thinking Cloak'.




The story I've created for The Thinking Cloak is that is a long, hooded cloak that was used in ancient times as a tool to communicate with the dead. 

I've drawn the cloak with eyes on top of it's hood and teeth fixed into the top and bottom edges of it's hood to make anyone who wears it look like an unnerving monster.


Below is the final illustration for the thinking cloak:




I've drawn and coloured it completely in rough pencil based digital brushes to make it look like a quick field sketch a researcher or journalist would draw.


I've also written up a descriptive text page describing the history of the thinking cloak and where it can be found in Hackerby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment