Wednesday 14 January 2015

The miners parade text pages and main illustration




The miner's parade text pages and main illustration



The story I've created for 'The Miner's Parade' is that during the anniversary of a mine collapse in the 1960's, the group of miners that were killed in the cave in walk through the town during the day and leave in the late afternoon. This is referred to by the Hackerby villagers as 'The Miner's Parade'.


I've tried to emulate the appearance of a charcoal drawing by downloading a charcoal texture brush pack and using the brushes to line and shade the main illustration of the miners.

I've also drawn over a scanned piece of textured paper like the stain man and thinking cloak illustrations before so it looks like an old field drawing.




I've also had to expand the pages of informative text to two since the information I wrote for the miner's parade was so long.




No comments:

Post a Comment