Wednesday 14 January 2015

The Peacock Ghost concept sketches, text page and main illustration



The peacock ghost concept sketches, text page and main illustration


The last ghost entry in my zine is The Peacock Ghost, the ghost of a man from the georgian era who also resembles a peacock. 

I already had a vivid idea of how I wanted him to look. I wanted him to have blue and green feathers around his eyes, resembling a masquerade mask made out of peacock feathers. His hands are also clawed and bird-like. His hair's also long and floaty like the frozen rosie ghost to give him a ghostly sense of movement.



I created a colour palette of blue/green peacock colours with a deep blue background to make the peacock green colours stand out.


I've chosen to draw the image of the peacock ghost in a large picture frame, since he was originally from a wealthy family when he was alive. I've also covered most of his clothes, like his jacket and tie, in green and blue feathers to make him look more bird like.




I've also tried to manipulate the shading on and around the picture frame to make it look like it was made of polished metal.






No comments:

Post a Comment