Tuesday 13 January 2015

Tailor shop ghost concept sketches and main illustration


The Tailor shop ghost concept sketches and main illustration

I had trouble coming up with an overall design for this ghost because I couldn't decide on a design I was happy with. 

I originally thought of drawing him wearing a baggy fabric mask made from scraps of old material and buttons, like he was made from items in the old tailor's shop which he haunts. I came up with a backstory that made me change his appearance to a pale, eyeless boy who spits up buttons and other sewing materials after he was murdered via asphyxiation.



I used different murky textures for the background in the main illustration to give it a sewn together, patchwork feel. I also used cold blues and greys for the colour palette like in the Frozen Rosie illustration. I wanted to have the same icy feel as the previous Frozen Rosie picture with only the buttons falling from his mouth that are coloured slightly brighter than the rest of the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment