Tuesday 13 January 2015

My zine concept: a ghost guide book



My zine concept: a ghost guide book


After thinking it over, I've decide to make a zine that is a fictional guide to 'spotting ghosts'. It'll be like a bird watching guide, with an illustrated picture of a ghost on one page and a detailed description of them and where to find them on the opposite page.


I've drawn some concepts sketches of ghosts that could appear in my zine. I also want to base my zine in a fictional town so the zine can tell the reader about odd landmarks and buildings that tourists can visit. 


The sketch I've drawn on the left is a concept drawing for 'The Stain Man', which isn't actually a ghost but a burn mark on the side of building in the fictional town that resembles a human being. 

The sketch on the left is a colour/digital painting practice. I want the illustrations in my zine to be gloomy but light hearted. 


I've also decided that the fictional village will be called 'Hackerby' and will be a quiet, rural working class town that uses it's grim and ghostly reputation as a marketing gimmick to attract curious tourists, paranormal researchers and ghost hunting enthusiasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment