Tuesday 13 January 2015

Zine cover




Zine cover



The cover I've created for my zine is simple in design like the vintage guide book covers I was inspired by but I've used very dark and gloomy colours to fit the ghostly theme of my zine.



I've created a background pattern of thin, warped trees to give the feeling of a mysterious, spooky forest. I also kept the line work thin to make the trees look extra spindly.

I've used gothic black lace to decorate the left and right edges of the cover so it doesn't look too plain.

For the zine's title, I've gone with 'A spotters guide to ghostly apparitions and local oddities (in the village of Hackerby)'. I thought it sounded very formal and straight forward, similar to a title you would find on an old guide book or instructional manual.

I've drawn up a light lavender frame and dark background to make the title text eye catching and also so it doesn't blend in with the grey tree background.

No comments:

Post a Comment